Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year Goals

It's a new year; an opportunity to redisgn yourself and make changes you swear you will do each year. Or at least that's the case for me. I'm really not wild about the term "new year's resolution" but rather prefer the term of "annual goals." Because it's the same every year -- lose weight, get organized, save money, blah blah blah blah. Whatever.

Here are the goals that I'd like to acheive this year:
First, say "yes" more to my kids. At least to the one who can talk. I can be a fun mom, now I just have to convince them of it. For starters, my oldest will be five at the end of this month. And we've never had a birthday party for him outside of inviting family and close friends over to our house. So this year, we are going to an archade to celebrate. And maybe yell a little less. I hate yelling.

Second, not lose weight, but get into shape.. or at least a prettier shape. Losing five pounds so far this month is a start, and then I'll be running a half marathon in May. Which reminds me, I need log some miles. I started running in 2010 and I felt so good.

And rounding out the top three is to wear more dresses. Recently, two of my SILs and I watched The Help and were really inspired by the fashion. The dresses were georgous and it also reminds me that I should wear more lipstick. But I'm really cold all the time.. maybe I'll work on the lipstick and save the dress wearing for nicer weather. I won't hold myself to it though, the Northwest can have a late start at nice weather.

Maybe this blog will help keep me accountable. And help me with journaling. Because I don't do as much as I'd like. And of course, I'd like to tune my crafty skills and post what I've done here.

So here's to a new year, and a new me. We'll check back in December; hopefully when I have more than just this one post. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment