Saturday, January 28, 2012

Probably the Best Chocolate Cupcakes...

To heck with box mixes! Whoever told me how easy it was to make cupcakes from scratch, first - thank you and second -- why didn't you tell me sooner?!! I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for my son's fifth birthday. They turned out yummy - and least I thought so. And I know one of my brothers had at least four. I also made the same chocalate cupcakes with cinnamon coffee frosting.. my new favorite frosting. I didn't get a good pic of these.

I could have eaten the batter straight off the spatula.  Okay, well I did eat it off the spatula when I was finished baking. But look how good it looks. Goodbye boxed cupcake mixes. I'm sorry, it's not you - it's me. I mean, yeah, it is you.

Be forewarned though, one batch is plenty of cupcakes. I made two and it made 36 standard cupcakes. Just make sure you whip the snot out of the butter and sugar and mix the batter really well. A cupcake lady friend of my told me to bake only six at a time. I think it makes a difference in taste.

And 20 minutes later I had naked cupcakes ready to be adorned in yummy, creamy oh-so dreamy frosting.
 Next on my list of to-learn is how to ice a cupcakes. I just squeezed the frosting out of a ZipLoc, not very pretty but the taste makes up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment